Robert Davis, MS, L.Ac.
Robert has completed four years of graduate training and is nationally board certified in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. He stays up-to-date through continuing education courses, active professional memberships, and original research. For expert care, choose an acupuncture specialist.
Board Certified: Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology
Licensed Acupuncturist: State of Vermont
MS: Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Southwest Acupuncture College, Santa Fe, NM
Academic Achievements: Thaddeus Bukowski Memorial Scholarship in recognition for showing promise as an outstanding practitioner
Certification: National Clean Needle Technique
Hospital Privileges: University of Vermont Medical Center
Past President: Vermont Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (2001-2006)
Co-President: Society of Acupuncture Research (2014 to present)
Steering Committee Member: University of Vermont Integrative Health
The best research ideas often germinate in the clinic and the best clinical practices often derive from rigorous research. Robert’s patients benefit from the lively interaction between his dual role as clinician and researcher.
TRANSLATING BASIC RESEARCH INTO CLINICAL TOOLS AND SOLUTIONS
In addition to his clinical practice, Robert has received over $3M in federal funding for this work as Principle Investigator on 6 National Institutes of Health SBIR grants, including:
- Acupuncture Needling Torque Sensor (R43 AT002021) PI: R Davis; Funded by: NIH NCCAM
- Acupuncture Needling Force and Motion Sensor (R44 AT002021) PI: R Davis; Funded by: NIH NCCAM
- Automated Connective Tissue Torque Sensor (R43 AT004379) PI: R Davis; Funded by: NIH NCCAM
- Connective Tissue Motion Measure (R43 AT006085) PI: R.Davis; Funded by: NIH NCCAM
- Automated Connective Tissue Torque Sensor 2 (R44 AT004379) PI: R Davis; Funded by: NIH NCCAM
- Connective Tissue Motion Measure 2 (R44 AT006085) PI: R.Davis; Funded by: NIH NCCAM
Robert also served as the Principle Investigator for the study funded by the Vermont legislature through the Department of Vermont Health Access (Vermont Medicaid) entitled, “Acupuncture for Chronic Pain in the Vermont Medicaid Population.”
CLINICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Excellent training builds a solid foundation; however, there’s no substitute for clinical experience when seeking the best results. With over 35,000 treatments delivered, Robert offers experience you can trust. He is also an active leader in his profession.